Qal'at al-Bahrain Bookmark and Share

Photograph of the Lion's Head taken from the south

Lion's Head Information

Lion's Head is the last reinforcement of the enlarged Qal'at al-Bahrain fortress. It dates from 1561 and was ordered by the Portuguese colonial administration (which several years earlier had already taken control of the Hormuz) in order to withstand the assault of the Ottoman Turks.



Project Map
(click here for Interactive Map)

zoom map

Exif/Meta Data